Monday, April 13, 2009

Mom's Visit to Costa Rica

My mom arrived last Friday! It was kind of last minute and I thank the Lord her passport arrived in time for her to come! Unfortunately Dad had to hold down the fort at home :/ On Saturday, my mom and I went with my family to the epicenter of where the earthquake took place in January. It was incredible. Homes were broken and crumbled, some even wiped off the side of the mountain. Enormous trees laid flat in a valley, the foundation beneath bridges had crumbled from the violent shaking, cars were smashed and rivers flooded with piles of dirt and debris. Looking around, it was a reminder of how fragile life is. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." We may not have control over natural disasters or life's situations, but we can choose who to follow, and how to live our life. "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." Life is short. How am I spending my time? For myself and the things I want? But what will that ultimately accomplish? God's way is perfect. I have the choice to follow him, or live for myself. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." We never know how long we have, which is why we need get our priorities straight, and our hearts right with the Lord. Please keep the victims of January's earthquake in your prayers. Many have to rebuild and start their lives over again. But praise the Lord for the second chance He's given us to get it right, so don't waste your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment