Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back in the ol' U S of A

I'M HOME! I can hardly believe it. Being back is kind of a reverse shock in some ways. Everything seems so easy, and I feel so competent! For the past 4 months I had no idea where I was going, what to say, how to act, etc, etc. and today I hopped in my car, went to get my hair cut, and out to lunch with a friend! It almost feels strange. Things here feel so much larger and spread out in comparison to San Jose. I saw a familiar face today and went to greet them with a kiss on the cheek, but as I was getting closer and noticed the woman stood firm in her steps, I realized my warm greeting was foreign here! It was a borderline awkward moment. 
I want to stay involved with some sort of Spanish group so I don't lose everything I learned! Thankfully Starkey Road Baptist has a young and growing Spanish church that meets a couple times a week that I am hoping to get involved in. For now I will be around town, until June 5th. Then I will head off to OK City and be involved with Uncharted Waters Sports Ministry until mid July. The month of June consists of running sports/evangelistic camps in the US and then 2 weeks in Guatemala.  The last week of July/beginning of August Laura Grace and I received the offer and privilege to run a volleyball  camp in the Dominican Republic with Score International. What a dream come true! I love the mixture of sports and the gospel- its a perfect combination and something I love doing. God has blessed me so much and I want to use the opportunities he's given me to the fullest! 
Pura Vida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment