Friday, February 20, 2009

Moco means Booger



These past couple weeks I have been helping out at Sojourn- the bilingual Christian school that the Theis girls go to. It has been a big help for my Spanish learning and I've enjoyed working with the kindergarten class. However, I can't say God is leading me to work with 5 year olds for the rest of my life, but it has been fun. Above is a picture 3 of my students at our Valentine's Day party.














This past weekend my family went to visit a volcano called Irazu. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't very welcoming once we reached the top, but we all enjoyed ourselves anyway.
This coming Sunday I will be heading to Panama with a group from Score International. I have to leave the country in order to renew my Passport, so we will be staying at the Word of Life camp in Panama for a week. It is going to be a enjoyable 18 hour bus ride, so please pray for our safety and smooth sailing through customs once we get there! Also, keep the kids that will be going to camp in your prayers; that many eyes will be opened to the love and salvation of Christ.
Language school starts as soon as I return- which I'm so excited about! And I'm sure the Ticos (natives of Costa Rica) will be happy I'm going to learn some proper grammar :] There are not many people signed up for the intensive course which may result in me having tutoring rather than classes. However, this would increase the cost and shorten the hours because it is one on one. Please pray God will allow whichever situation will be most profitable for my language learning.
Thanks again for your prayers! I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment