Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Earthquake!

Today I was sitting in my chair, doing some homework when I felt like my chair was wobbling. Confused, I put my pen down and shook my chair a little to test its sturdiness. Pleased with its apparent balance, I continued writing. The obscure shaking continued for a few more seconds and faded. I thought I was becoming delusional (as I shook my chair one more time to reconfirm its perceived caliber) or possibly getting dizzy from the combination of extended reading mixed with lack of sunlight infiltrating through the frosted glass window. Since I couldn't make up my mind, I went on studying and writing. Later on during my tutoring session, my teacher asked if I felt the earthquake earlier? It happened around the exact time as the puzzling chair episode during my study session. I knew then that I had experienced my first earthquake. As if that wasn't exciting enough, at about 3:00 today, while I was sitting at my desk, fully intrigued by the foreign language I was attempting to understand written on the board, the classroom windows started rattling, and that old familiar "wobble" returned. This time I was certain (after my convictions were verified when I saw my teacher run to the door and stand beneath its frame). Thankfully no one was harmed and no damage was done, but I couldn't help but be a little excited about today's adventure :]

No comments:

Post a Comment